Central Steel Supply began business in 1948 in Cambridge where it prospered for many years before moving to Somerville, MA. Over the past eleven years the company was dogged by an eminent domain struggle with the town of Somerville, forcing the company’s president John de Vries to look for a new home. Marlborough was the preferred choice due to its strategic Metrowest location and easy access to highways.
The company stocks Eastern New England’s most complete inventory of carbon plate and light/miscellaneous structural steel and provides a full range of cutting and process have grown one customer at a time by providing them steel delivered with excellent service at a competitive price in the Eastern New England & Boston Markets. Central Steel Supply is the only carbon steel service center headquartered in Eastern New England to be chosen to join the North American Steel Alliance.