MARLBOROUGH, Mass., January 29, 2013 – The Marlborough Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) Board of Directors elected four new members at its annual meeting, held January 23, 2013. The new board members hold prominent positions in distinguished companies intimately involved with the City of Marlborough.
The four new members are:
- Michael Brogan, Vice President, Office Services Director, The TJX Cos.
- Anthony Scerra, Owner, Stephen Anthony’s Restaurant
- Jamie Shepard, Executive Vice President, vCloudIST, a division of International Computerware Inc.
- Thomas Wellen, Interim President & CEO, St. Mary’s Credit Union
At the Annual Meeting, the board recognized the new appointment of Tim Cummings, who has been officially named Executive Director by the MEDC Executive Committee. Cummings led the reorganized structure currently in place at MEDC and assisted with the economic development master plan’s implementation, which contributed to Marlborough’s great success of this past year.
“I am honored and thrilled at this new opportunity, and I will strive to continue to build upon our past achievements,” commented Cummings.
Cummings will work with the new board to carry out MEDC’s mission of fostering economic development, job growth, and community revitalization in Marlborough. The following board members are returning to serve another term:
- Arthur Bergeron (Chairman), Mirick O’Connell
- Richard Tomanek (Vice Chair), Embassy Suites
- Dave Walton (Secretary), Patriot Ambulance
- Michael Murphy (Treasurer), Murphy Insurance Agency
- Arthur Vigeant, Mayor of Marlborough
- Patricia Pope, President of Marlborough’s City Council
- Chris Berglund, Marlborough Savings Bank
- Walter Bonin, Walter Bonin Financial
- Ellen Carlucci, Marlborough Hospital
- Deborah Fairbanks, Fairbanks Development LLC
- David Ferris, Ferris Development Group
- Rick Grady, Raytheon Company
- Robert Kays, Prospector East Saloon
- Michael Kennedy, Kennedy’s Restaurant & Market
- Kevin Malloy, Avison Young
- Robert McCabe, Olde Marlborough Inc.
- Brian Murphy, Colonial Power
- William Pezzoni, Day Pitney
- Richard Skinner, Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
- Wes Tuttle, New England Sports Center