The Marlborough Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Executive Director.
The Executive Director is responsible for oversight and administration of all economic development projects and programs carried out by MEDC including but not limited to business development or redevelopment projects, business financing, business retention, business zoning, workforce recruitment, infrastructure needs, transportation issues as well as supervision of the staff members who assist in the operation of the MEDC. For information on Marlborough’s economic development success see http://marlboroughedc.com/2016/05/marlborough-makes-the-globes-list-of-2016-game-changers/
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of urban planning principles and practices
- Knowledge of federal, state and local resources, statutes and regulations for business development
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in technical systems utilized for feasibility analysis
- Ability to read engineered and architectural plans
- Community engagement experience
- Effective staff management skills
- Degree in urban planning or related field or substantial education and experience in business development
- Five years of progressively responsible experience.
Resumes and cover letter should be sent via email to email@example.com or mailed to:
Marlborough Economic Development Corporation
91 Main St. Suite 204
Marlborough, MA 01752
Deadline for applications is June 30, 2016.