April 6, 2011 – MEDC will host thirteen Focus Groups on April 13 and 14 at the Massachusetts International Academy. The purpose of the focus groups (defined as groups of individuals with similar backgrounds and/or interests) is to elicit public participation by Marlborough residents and business people, in the economic development planning process of the city.
Each Focus Groups consists of 15 to 20 participants, invited by MEDC, who will meet with members of the consultant team for about one hour and fifteen minutes. The consultants will provide some background information in advance of the meeting, make a brief presentation to each group at the start of their meeting and then lead a participant discussion of key community issues.
The success of the Focus Groups will depend upon the level of participation we receive from the community. If successful, some 200 to 260 individuals who live and/or work in Marlborough will have the opportunity to give direct input to the consultants and play a role in shaping the city’s future growth.
The thirteen Focus Groups are:
- Elected Officials
- Bankers, Realtors, Developers & Lawyers
- Educators, Youth Services & Social Services
- Commercial Landlords (Property Owners/Managers)
- Sports, Tourism, Hotel & Restaurant Operators
- High Tech & Life Science Companies
- Urban Core Property & Business Owners
- Retail Owners, Chamber & Associations
- Industrial Business Owners & Managers
- Housing Developers, Owners & CDA
- Doctors, Nurses, EMTs, Hospitals, Rehab & Nursing Facilities
- City Officials (Dept Reps)
- East Side Property (Business, Property Owners & Residents)