WORCESTER BUSINESS JOURNAL – Five companies from around Central Massachusetts were among the nearly 700 nationwide that have adopted policies to meet the needs of their lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) workers, according to the 2020 Corporate Equality Index released Tuesday.
The data, gathered by the Washington, D.C. advocacy nonprofit Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the LGBTQ civil rights organization, recognized the following Central Mass. firms among the 40 in Massachusetts for their LGBTQ-inclusive workplace practices:
- Marlborough medical device manufacturer Boston Scientific
- Westborough discount warehouse retailer B.J’s Wholesale
- Worcester property and casualty insurance firm Hanover Insurance Co.
- Framingham retail parent company TJX Cos.
- Framingham office supplier Staples Inc.
In what HRC Foundation called the most rigorous assessment of LGBTQ-inclusive workplace practices to date, a record of more than 680 companies have been designated a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the foundation for their efforts in satisfying all of the nonprofit’s criteria, earning them a 100% rating.
Go here to read the full article by Thomas Grillo.