Marlborough Economic Development Corporation is committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about the policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you visit our website MarlboroughEDC.com and use our services, you trust us with your personal information.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not covertly capture personally identifiable information. Any information that can identify you, personally, has been voluntarily supplied to us by you. Your IP address is reported on forms that you have voluntarily submitted to us, and, our website and server security programs and Google Analytics (that is used on our website) track IP addresses and the web pages you visit in their logs.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Marlborough Economic Development Corporation is committed to protecting and managing personally identifiable information you share with us. All of the Website can be visited without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. To protect your privacy, we have adopted the following principles:
- When we collect personal information from you, it is our intent to inform you before we do that. Typically, we ask you to tick a box that acknowledges that you understand that the data can personally identify you. If you choose not to provide the information we request, you can still visit and benefit from the content on MarlboroughEDC.com, but you may be unable to take advantage of certain options, offers, and services.
- We will take appropriate steps to protect the information you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your permission or unless ordered by a court of law.
- We are committed to privacy and will only use the information you provide us as you request.
- Personal data will only be processed fairly and lawfully
- We do not collect any more personal data than is necessary to provide a full response to your inquiry or to provide the services you have purchased
- We only use your personal data for the purposes we specify in this Privacy Notice, unless you agree otherwise
- We do not keep your personal information if it is no longer needed
- You can have your data updated at any time
- You can remove your data at any time
- You can request a copy of the data we store on you at any time
- Personal data is securely stored and managed
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect and maintain personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about our products and services, when posting comments on our blog, and, otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make and the features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Website URL
- E-mail address
- Your interest in connecting with us
In order to communicate with us or to use our services, you may be prompted to provide certain personal data in the following ways:
- By filling in forms (i.e. an “Email Sign Up” form) on our website or anywhere else where we conduct business (i.e. at a seminar)
- By subscribing to our newsletters or commenting on our blog posts
- By interacting with us via social media
- By corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise using our contact details
Information automatically collected
Marlborough Economic Development Corporation automatically collects information when you visit, use or navigate the website. This non-personally identifying information, collected through the use of Google Analytics, does not reveal your specific identity but may include:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet.
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site, if any.
- The type of web browsing software and operating system you are using to view our site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The pages you visit on our site.
- The amount of time spent on the site.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website and to better understand how our visitors use our website.
Throughout the Website there may be forms to request information, products and services. These forms typically ask for personally-identifying information (such as your phone, postal address or e-mail address). Contact information from these forms is used to send the information that you request.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use personal information provided by you to provide our services and for business purposes as described below:
Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
To send you marketing and promotional communications for business purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “Your Privacy Rights” below).
To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Website that may contain personal information. If you provide us with a testimonial, you give us your consent for the use of your name to be displayed on our website or in our other marketing materials, together with the content of the testimonial that you provide. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us via our contact form and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We will never share your personal data, or otherwise make your personal data available to any third parties for the purposes of marketing or targeting you. We will not sell, rent, or exchange your personal data with any third-parties. If, for whatever reason this needs to change in the future, we would never do so without your express permission.
We use your personal data we collect to:
- Conduct and develop our business with you
- Operate, evaluate, maintain, improve and develop the website (including by monitoring and analyzing trends, access to, and use of the websites for advertising and marketing purposes)
- Monitor, carry out statistical analysis and benchmarking (i.e. Google Analytics for sites pages tracking), provided that in such circumstances it is on an aggregated basis which will not be linked back to you or anyone else
- Engage and educate you about our services
- Provide you with documentation or communications which you have requested
- Correspond with you to resolve your queries or complaints
- Provide you with any services you request
- Send you marketing communications, where it is lawful for us to do so
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide services to you
- For as long as we are legally required by State and Federal laws
- If none of these criteria apply, we commit to purging any Personal Data no later than 24 months following your latest interaction/exchange with our services.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
All of your Personal Data remain private and confidential. We follow generally accepted standards to protect personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our MarloroughEDC.com website contains links to third-party websites and applications of interest, including advertisements and external services, that are not affiliated with us. Once you have used these links to leave our website, any information you provide to these third parties is not covered by this Privacy Notice, and we cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of your information. Before visiting and providing any information to any third-party websites, you should inform yourself of the privacy policies and practices (if any) of the third party responsible for that website, and should take those steps necessary to, in your discretion, protect the privacy of your information. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other sites, services or applications that may be linked to or from our Website.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As our Client or User, you have the right to:
- Be informed about the processing of your personal data
- Object to or restrict processing of your personal data
- Ask for a copy of the information about the data we store on you at any time
- Correct, update, amend, or remove personal data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
It is important to note that you also have responsibilities when it comes to protecting your personal information.
OPTING OUT OF EMAIL MARKETING
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, by updating your communications preferences via our email service provider, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then be removed from the marketing email list.
If you have questions or comments about the contents in this Privacy Notice, we invite you to contact us at email@example.com.